or make 4 interest-free payments of $25.00 AUD fortnightly with More info
Thinking of buying a kayak? or have just taken the plunge and want to learn the basics to get yourself out on the bay safely, then this is the course for you!
As well as providing background information useful for newcomers to the sport, this short intensive course covers the following four key elements for beginning kayakers:
- Essential paddle strokes
- Safety & rescues
This course begins with a short on-shore theory session to cover the following areas:
- Kayak design and intended uses
- Setting a kayak up for fishing.
- Reading weather forecasts to plan your trip.
- Applicable maritime safety regulations
- Kayak features and adjustment of your boat
- Correct adjustment of your life jacket/PFD (Personal Flotation Device)
We then launch to the waters off the Altona/Seaholme shoreline to complete the following components:
- Launching and landing
- Basic paddle strokes
- Deep water re-entry techniques
Price $100 (3 hour session)
Course includes use of a kayak, paddle and PFD as required, but you are welcome to use your own gear if preferred. It is recommended that you take the course wearing the clothing you intend to use on the water if possible. Click here for information on what to wear for your session on the water.
Our courses are scheduled on a per-customer basis, contact us to arrange a course time to suit your needs!
By booking you agree to our Booking Terms & Conditions.